Recipe by Trinkets
Casual, serve-yourself interactive dinner perfect for weeknights and weekends. Serve with frosty mugs of beer or limeade. Serve with your own salad dressing or Creamy Salsa Dip And/Or Taco Salad Dressing. Allow your guests to build their own taco salads. I like to put out large salad bowls and my layers would be lettuce, chips, meat, then cheese, tomatoes,jalapenos and cilantro then dressing. Yum!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground sirloin
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 10 ounces tortilla chips
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, over medium heat add the canola oil and saute the meat.
- Mix the 8 dried spices together.
- Add the 8 spice mixture along with salt and pepper, stir in the water and simmer until all is well incorporated.
- Once your meat is browned remove from the heat and place in an attractive serving dish, or you can serve from the skillet.
- In separate serving bowls, have lined up:.
- chips, lettuce, tomatoes, jalapenos, cheese, cilantro, and the dressing of your choice or Recipe #351413.