1/4 Photos of Taco Salad
This makes a large salad. The directions say that it will last for 3-4 days in the refrigerator, but in my house I'm lucky if it lasts 2 days. My picky eaters try to eat this up as fast as they can.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 head lettuce, torn into small pieces
- 1 lb hamburger meat
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans (chick peas)
- 1 large tomatoes or 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 16 ounces shredded cheese (I use Mexican blend)
- 1 (13 ounce) bag plain Doritos, any flavor
- 1 (15 ounce) can black olives, sliced,drained
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa, optional
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream (optional)
- favorite salad dressing (optional)
- 1In skillet, brown meat.
- 3Add taco seasoning, mix well.
- 4While cooking the meat, in large bowl tear lettuce.
- 5Crush half the Doritos and add to the bowl.
- 6Add remaining ingredients.
- 7Mix well.
- 8Serve with Doritos, salsa, and sour cream.
- 9You can also use your favorite dressing instead.
- 10This will last in the refrigerator covered for 3-4 days.
Browse Our Top Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Taco Salad
Serving Size: 1 (312 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 475.3
- Calories from Fat 245
- Total Fat 27.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 49.9 mg
- Sodium 1442.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 20.3 g