This makes a large salad. The directions say that it will last for 3-4 days in the refrigerator, but in my house I'm lucky if it lasts 2 days. My picky eaters try to eat this up as fast as they can.
- 1 head lettuce, torn into small pieces
- 1 lb hamburger meat
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans (chick peas)
- 1 large tomatoes or 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 16 ounces shredded cheese (I use Mexican blend)
- 1 (13 ounce) bag plain Doritos, any flavor
- 1 (15 ounce) can black olives, sliced,drained
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa, optional
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream (optional)
- favorite salad dressing (optional)
- In skillet, brown meat.
- Add taco seasoning, mix well.
- While cooking the meat, in large bowl tear lettuce.
- Crush half the Doritos and add to the bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Serve with Doritos, salsa, and sour cream.
- You can also use your favorite dressing instead.
- This will last in the refrigerator covered for 3-4 days.