Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is soooo good and a great side dish for a summer get together. I got this recipe from a lady who attended a group called the Sunshine Club that met once a month to do projects. A nice wholesome dish with lots of veggies, kids love it too!
- 2 cups chopped lettuce
- 2 large tomatoes, cubed
- 1 cup of drained kidney bean
- 1⁄2 cup sliced black olives
- 2 tablespoons Italian dressing
- 3⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelopeold el paso taco seasoning mix (I use 40% less sodium.)
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 4 ounces grated cheddar cheese (1 cup)
- corn chips
- Brown the beef, sprinkle on taco mix, add water and simmer 10 minutes uncovered,cool.
- Combine everything EXCEPT Tomatoes, cheese, lettuce and corn chips, these go on just before serving.
- Mix all together and top with corn chips.
Taste was yummy-licious, easy to make. I used the whole can of beans. Definately will make again nln
This recipe is simple and easy to make. Very refreshing and light, the ingredients speak for themselves. I substituted ground turkey for the hamburger and my family loved it! Great Recipe.
Delicious! I was out of lettuce (I could have sworn I had some) so used an extra tomato and about 1/2 a bag of chips and served with extra chips and tortillas -- everyone loved it! This was great for video night, served on paper plates. We will be having this again soon - this time with the lettuce - thanks for sharing!