Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Fortowsky Aunts Famous Taco Salad. A Must at any Fortowsky function
- 500 g ground beef
- 1 (45 g) package taco seasoning
- 1 head lettuce, chopped
- 1 tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) jar salsa
- 1 1⁄2 cups Catalina dressing
- 125 ml sour cream
- 1 (250 g) bag taco chips
- Fry ground beef until brown. Drain fat.
- Add 1/2 cup water & taco seasoning & thicken.
- Let taco mix cool.
- In a large salad bowl mix lettuce, tomato, cheese, salsa & hamburger.
- Add salad dressing to taste.
- Either add sour cream to salad or set aside.
- Add liberal amounts of taco chips.
- PS. The salad is usually only good for one day as the lettuce and chips get soft.
Nice taco salad. I will make this again. I don't often have Catalina dressing on hand so this was a great way to use what I had from another recipe.. Thanks for sharing.. Made for Spring PAC 2014.