A twist on the conventional taco salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef, good quality
- 16 ounces Catalina dressing, divided
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, finely shredded
- 2 tomatoes, cut in wedges
- 8 ounces corn, drained (frozen or canned)
- 8 ounces garbanzo beans, drain
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) package tortillas (can use Cool Ranch dorito chips) or 1 (6 1/2 ounce) package corn chips (can use Cool Ranch dorito chips)
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (or more to taste) or 1 cup Mexican blend cheese, shredded (or more to taste)
- pitted black olives, sliced
- sour cream
- chopped cilantro
- 1Brown meat and drain off fat.
- 2Add 1/3 cup French dressing, onion, salt, pepper and oregano. Simmer 5 minutes.
- 3Combine lettuce, tomatoes, corn, beans and enough dressing to moisten. Toss lightly.
- 4For each salad, serve meat mixture over tortilla chips. Top with lettuce mixture, avocado, cheese, olives, sour cream, cilantro and additional dressing, as desired.
Browse Our Top Lettuces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Taco Salad
Serving Size: 1 (660 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1368.6
- Calories from Fat 885
- Total Fat 98.3 g
- Saturated Fat 24.4 g
- Cholesterol 145.3 mg
- Sodium 1712.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.4 g
- Sugars 25.4 g
- Protein 50.3 g