Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A twist on the conventional taco salad.
Make and share this Taco Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 680.38 g ground beef, good quality
- 453.59 g Catalina dressing, divided
- 59.14 ml red onion, chopped
- 2.46 ml dried oregano, crushed
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, finely shredded
- 2 tomatoes, cut in wedges
- 226.79 g corn, drained (frozen or canned)
- 226.79 g garbanzo beans, drain
- 184.27 g package tortillas (can use Cool Ranch dorito chips) or 184.27 g package corn chips (can use Cool Ranch dorito chips)
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- 236.59 ml cheddar cheese (or more to taste) or 236.59 ml Mexican blend cheese, shredded (or more to taste)
- pitted black olives, sliced
- sour cream
- chopped cilantro
- Brown meat and drain off fat.
- Add 1/3 cup French dressing, onion, salt, pepper and oregano. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Combine lettuce, tomatoes, corn, beans and enough dressing to moisten. Toss lightly.
- For each salad, serve meat mixture over tortilla chips. Top with lettuce mixture, avocado, cheese, olives, sour cream, cilantro and additional dressing, as desired.