Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A twist on the conventional taco salad.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef, good quality
- 16 ounces Catalina dressing, divided
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1⁄2 head iceberg lettuce, finely shredded
- 2 tomatoes, cut in wedges
- 8 ounces corn, drained (frozen or canned)
- 8 ounces garbanzo beans, drain
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) package tortillas (can use Cool Ranch dorito chips) or 1 (6 1/2 ounce) package corn chips (can use Cool Ranch dorito chips)
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (or more to taste) or 1 cup Mexican blend cheese, shredded (or more to taste)
- pitted black olives, sliced
- sour cream
- chopped cilantro
- Brown meat and drain off fat.
- Add 1/3 cup French dressing, onion, salt, pepper and oregano. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Combine lettuce, tomatoes, corn, beans and enough dressing to moisten. Toss lightly.
- For each salad, serve meat mixture over tortilla chips. Top with lettuce mixture, avocado, cheese, olives, sour cream, cilantro and additional dressing, as desired.