Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I couldn't find a simple taco salad recipe online so I put one together here.
Make and share this Taco Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb turkey
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans (optional) or 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained (optional)
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can corn, drained (optional)
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) bag tortilla chips
- 1 (16 ounce) salsa
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup sour cream (optional)
- Brown ground beef or turkey with onion and garlic.
- Add taco seasoning, water, beans, and corn and cook until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- In a bowl, place a handful of tortilla chips, then lettuce, then meat mixture, salsa, cheese, and sour cream.