Prep 1 hr
Cook 10 mins
Cuisine at Home/Cuisine Tonight
Make and share this Taco Salad recipe from Food.com.
Sour Cream Dressing
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup purchased salsa
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb flank steaks or 1 lb skirt steak, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 avocados, pitted, peeled, and sliced
- 1 cup sliced black olives
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 cup crushed corn chips
- Combine the sour cream, chili powder, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, and oregano in a bowl; season with salt and pepper; set aside.
- Puree salsa in a food processor while slowly drizzling in 2 tablespoons vegetable oil.
- Blend vinaigrette until ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Sear steak in 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large saute pan over high heat.
- Cook steak 5 minutes per side for rare or to desired doneness.
- Let meat rest, then thinly slice against the grain on a bias.
- Layer salad ingredients in 4 salad bowls starting with beans, then steak, avocado, sour cream mixture, olives, and lettuce.
- Top each salad with salsa vinaigrette and corn chips.