Recipe by Tara
This is a big hit at BBQ's and potlucks. It is great since noone often brings a salad like this so you dont have to worry about having a duplicate recipe. Also great for a hot weather family meal. Everyone loves it. For vegetarians you can easily omit the meat and mix in a can of black beans instead.
Top Review by *Parsley*
Taco salad is always a sure thing. This one is nice because the kidney beans add a little extra "meatiness." This is great for a picnic or gathering. I usually wouldn't choose catalina dressing for taco salad, but I must admit, I liked it. Like most taco salads, it's best eaten the same day it's made. Thanx for sharing!
- 1 lb browned ground beef
- 1 head shredded lettuce
- 1 can drained kidney bean
- 2 large diced tomatoes
- 1 can sliced black olives, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 bag of crushed tortillas chips or 1⁄2 bag plain Doritos
- 3⁄4-1 bottle French dressing or 3⁄4-1 bottle Catalina dressing or 3⁄4-1 bottle thousand island dressing (I like Catalina the best)