Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
I know Thousand Island dressing probably isn't the logical choice for a taco salad, but this is how my mom always made it and I do it the same way. This is one of my family's favorite summer meals.
- 226.79 g lean ground beef
- 212.62 g pinto beans (Approx. 1/2 a can, kidney beans work as well)
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 141.74 g tortilla chips, crushed
- 118.29 ml cheddar cheese
- 118.29 ml mayonnaise
- 59.14 ml chili sauce
- 4.92 ml garlic salt
- Brown the ground beef and drain. Add beans and cook on low until warm. Set aside.
- Chop lettuce into bite size pieces. Add tomatoes through cheese.
- Mix the dressing ingredients and pour over the salad, mixing well.
- Add warm beef and beans just before serving, tossing well.