Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
easy and yummy....got it from my mom
- 1 -2 lb hamburger
- 1 onion
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili beans
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 1 head lettuce
- 4 -8 ounces cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces French dressing
- oz.bag Fritos corn chips (optional)
- brown hamburger and chopped onion together.
- mix: chili beans, tomatoes, lettuce, cheese together.
- add browned meat and onion and mix well.
- add dressing and mix well.
- pour one bag of Fritos on top before serving (optional).
I love taco salads and this one was great!! I made this for one serving for my lunch. I cooked the onions and ground beef and then added the beans and let them cool. I used a combination of Monterey Jack cheese and cheddar but left out the tomatoes as I don't care for uncooked tomatoes. I also used tortilla chips, what I had on hand and made my own dressing using mayonnaise mixed with salsa as I like a less sweet dressing than the French Dressing. Thanks for sharing your recipe. Made for Spring PAC 2011.