Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a variation of the normal taco salad your used to. I like to make it with taco chips rather then salad greens.
- 5 cups taco chips
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup taco seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped black olives
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup chili
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet brown ground beef.
- Add taco seasoning and tomato sauce.
- Put taco chips in large bowl.
- Add ground beef.
- Add your chili of choice (i use amy's vegan chili).
- layer in salsa, onions, black olives, and the sour cream and cheese on top. save some green onions for garnishing the top.
Yummy. I added some greens to this as well, to make it a bit lower healthier. Only made about 1/3 of the recipe and it was definitely worth it. Thanks for posting! Made for I Recommend Tag Game.
Made this for lunch today for my Mother, I made 1/2 of this recipe. I used ground turkey instead of the ground beef. We are big taco salad eaters. This was really good and so easy to put together. Thank you for the great recipe. I will be making again.. Made for Spring PAC 2009.