Recipe by Country Cook in Oklahoma
This is really good for a quick lunch or light dinner.
Top Review by bmcnichol
I had precooked ground beef with onions and garlic in my freezer so used that for this recipe. I followed the rest of the recipe as written. We all enjoyed this. Made for Spring PAC 2009.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 medium head of lettuce
- 8 ounces grated cheddar cheese
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 12 ounces Fritos corn chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef with taco seasoning,garlic powder and onion, then drain.
- In a large bowl chop lettuce, add diced tomatoes and grated cheese. Top w/fritos then ground beef. Stir and serve. Top w/sour cream, guacamole and salsa, or your favorite taco sauce.