Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe was handed down from my aunt and now I'm not invited to get togethers unless I bring this along.
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 473.18 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- 907.18 g ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 bag plain Doritos
- 453.59 g bottle Catalina dressing
- Brown ground beef and taco seasoning.
- Drain and let cool.
- Chop lettuce, tomatoes, and onions.
- Put into a large container.
- Add cheese and crushed Doritos.
- Add cooled ground beef.
- Pour Catalina dressing over all of it 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
An absolutely awesome salad! Will definitely make this again and again. Thanks so much for the recipe.
This stuff is unbelievably yummy! We add diced raw onions and black olives. The flavors blend together perfectly. The kids use Creamy French dressing but I love the Catalina. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it...five stars all the way!
Ah...the classic taco salad...I add black olives, green onions and kidney beans to mine.