Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Nice recipe for get togethers.
- 1 head lettuce
- 1 1⁄2 lbs hamburger, broken into bite size and cooked
- 1 medium size onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 -6 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans chili beans, rinsed and drained
- Fritos corn chips
- 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 1⁄2 cup taco seasoning
- Combine dressing ingredients and chill while making up salad.
- Combine all salad ingredients and mix well.
- Add Fritos.
- Top with dressing and mix well.
Fantastic! I was a little nervous using mayo for the dressing on this salad as I am used to using Catalina or Ranch style dressings. Let me tell you, this was awesome! I actually much preferred it this way. I used light mayo, and subbed in baked Tostito brand chips. We loved it! Thanks happynana! Made for Aussie Swap :)
This makes a very nice summer meal! It halved nicely. My picky DH loved the dressing and couldn't believe its simple ingredients! We'd use a red onion next time, and in place of the green pepper, we'd use an avocado. We served with these condiments: sour cream, salsa, and jalapeno slices. Thanks, HappyNana! Made for Aussie New Zealand Recipe Swap #18.