Recipe by wwltmom
This is very good. I found this recipe in an old church cookbook that I received as a gift.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 15 ounces red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 8 ounces taco sauce
- 1 1⁄4 ounces taco seasoning mix
- 1 head lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 cups tomatoes, chopped
- 10 ounces black olives, drained and diced
- 14 ounces taco chips, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef and drain. Mix together the first 5 ingredients. Simmer 10 minutes. Let cool. Mix lettuce and cheese together in a large bowl.
- Just before serving, mix the meat mixture in with the lettuce and cheese. Toss well. Add tomatoes, black olives and taco chips. Toss well. Serve immediately.