Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is very good. I found this recipe in an old church cookbook that I received as a gift.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 15 ounces red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 8 ounces taco sauce
- 1 1⁄4 ounces taco seasoning mix
- 1 head lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 cups tomatoes, chopped
- 10 ounces black olives, drained and diced
- 14 ounces taco chips, crushed
- Brown ground beef and drain. Mix together the first 5 ingredients. Simmer 10 minutes. Let cool. Mix lettuce and cheese together in a large bowl.
- Just before serving, mix the meat mixture in with the lettuce and cheese. Toss well. Add tomatoes, black olives and taco chips. Toss well. Serve immediately.
Delicious salad. The whole family enjoyed this. Great for a weeknight when you do not have a lot of time to get dinner ready. Made for the Bargain Basement tag game.