Recipe by litldarlin
This recipe is one of my aunt's favorite picnic foods. She would make this every year and she never seemed to get any for herself. This taco salad was always one of the first things to be eaten up even before any of our desserts were even touched.
- 1 head lettuce
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) taco chips
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1 (2 1/2 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 -2 tomatoes, diced coarsely
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle thousand island dressing
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry the beef and drain off grease.
- Sprinkle the taco mix over the meat and mix well.
- The beef should be at room temperature when mixing into salad.
- Then layer all ingredients and put salad.
- dressing on top.
- Mix together lightly.
- Sprinkle with taco chips.