Recipe by Funandsweet623
I make this for family potlucks and there are never leftovers. The best part is how easy it is to make.
Top Review by y2r2a2m
Yummmmmmmmy. I don't like black olives so I just omitted it and instead added refried beans to model after a salad I had at Taco Bell. I also used Romaine lettuce, I think it has more nutritional value than Iceberg. :) It's so simple!
- 1 (10 ounce) bagtaco flavored Doritos (crushed)
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle Catalina dressing (I like the fat free)
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium size onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄4 ounces taco seasoning
- 1 (6 ounce) can black olives, sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) bag Mexican blend cheese (feel free to use what you like)
- 3 roma tomatoes, chopped (your preference on size)
- 1 large head of lettuce
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown beef with half of onion.
- Drain fat off and prepare according to seasoning packet. Let Cool in fridge. (Cooling the meat is very important or lettuce will wilt and cheese will melt).
- Meanwhile combine the veggie ingredients in a large bowl.
- When meat is cooled mix with veggies and cheese.
- Right before serving mix in chips. (Don't add sooner they get soggy fast).
- Top with salad dressing.
- * My husband likes it with ranch so if you want leave the dressing off and let every one add what they want.