I make this for family potlucks and there are never leftovers. The best part is how easy it is to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 ounce) bag taco flavored Doritos (crushed)
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle Catalina dressing (I like the fat free)
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium size onion, chopped
- 1 1/4 ounces taco seasoning
- 1 (6 ounce) can black olives, sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) bag Mexican blend cheese (feel free to use what you like)
- 3 roma tomatoes, chopped (your preference on size)
- 1 large head of lettuce
- 1Brown beef with half of onion.
- 2Drain fat off and prepare according to seasoning packet. Let Cool in fridge. (Cooling the meat is very important or lettuce will wilt and cheese will melt).
- 3Meanwhile combine the veggie ingredients in a large bowl.
- 4When meat is cooled mix with veggies and cheese.
- 5Right before serving mix in chips. (Don't add sooner they get soggy fast).
- 6Top with salad dressing.
- 7* My husband likes it with ranch so if you want leave the dressing off and let every one add what they want.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Taco Salad
Serving Size: 1 (112 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 277.1
- Calories from Fat 184
- Total Fat 20.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 27.0 mg
- Sodium 498.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 8.8 g