Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I'm not sure where this recipe originated. It's a local favorite that you find at almost every gathering. The "Good Season's" Italian dressing may be hard to find. It's a .7 oz pouch (19g) to which you add 1/4c vinegar, 3tbsp. water, shake, 1/2c oil, shake again. I like to prep everything a day ahead and throw everything together right before we eat. It is good the next day too, though the chips get a bit (not too bad) soggy. Feel free to add other ingredients. I like olives in mine and I use taco flavored Doritos. 4-6 salads, goes further of course if used as a side dish.
- 1 lb hamburger, browned and drained
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (2 cup) package taco cheese, shredded
- 1 head lettuce, torn
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (13 ounce) bag Doritos, lightly broken up
- 1 (2/3 ounce) package Good Seasonings Italian salad dressing mix, prepared
- Brown and drain hamburger. Add taco mix and water according to directions. Cool completely. I make mine a day ahead.
- Add lettuce, onion, tomato, and chips.
- Make dressing according to directions and pour over salad before serving.