Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
My husband's favorite salad. We use different protein every time we make it. This is quick and easy. Enjoy!!
- 453.59 g ground turkey or 453.59 g ground beef or 453.59 g shrimp or 453.59 g fish
- 29.58 ml southwest seasoning
- 118.29 ml olive oil
- 118.29 ml salsa
- 59.14 ml cider vinegar or 59.14 ml balsamic vinegar
- 14.79 ml steak seasoning
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- 236.59 ml tortilla chips, slightly crushed
- 226.79 g spring mixed salad greens
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 425.24 g can black beans, rinsed
- 236.59 ml Mexican blend cheese
- 236.59 ml mixed vegetables (combined chopped celery, onion, peppers, cabbage, etc)
- Put the meat, 1 tablespoon of the seasoning, and 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a plastic bag and refrigerate for at least 20 minute.
- The dressing: In a jar, combine the oil, southwest seasoning, salsa, steak seasoning, vinegar, cumin. Shake well.
- In a bowl, combine diced tomatoes, salad veggies and beans. Dress with 1 - 2 tablespoons dressing.
- Brown the meat then turn off heat.
- To assemble: Put lettuce in a large bowl. Add veggies, cheese and meat. Pour dressing over and toss.
- Add the chips when you serve.
- Please note the times do not include 20 minutes for marinading the meat.
Made for Spring PAC 2013 and this was a great hit! I did use #Emeril's Southwest Seasoning#23537 and the options of the vegetables celery, green onion with some red onion, red and green pepper, cucumbers, shredded iceburg and romaine lettece. Delicious!!! Going into my Favorites of 2013. Thank you for posting. (served along with your Taco Soup#136906 for a big houseful of company)
I saved this in my cookbook to try the dressing and... I LOVE IT! I cut the oil to 1/4 cup and used Mild Taco Bell Brand Restaurant Sauce in place of salsa. (I LOVE the sauce, hate the food!) I used balsamic and it was very good, although I will try lime juice next time for personal preference. I used Grill Mates Montreal Steak and Southwest seasonings... It was very tasty! THANK YOU for sharing!
Excellent recipe! DH & DS (16) say it is hands down the best taco salad we've ever had. :) We love the dressing. The blend of ingredients was just amazingly good. I used lean ground beef, Emeril's Southwest Seasoning, a raspberry chipotle salsa, the cider vinegar option, celery, green onion, green pepper, red pepper, cucumber, shredded carrots, red cabbage & roma tomatoes. It was hearty, healthy & flavorful! Thank you for sharing, VO! Made & enjoyed for Zaar Chef Alphabet tag game.