My husband's favorite salad. We use different protein every time we make it. This is quick and easy. Enjoy!!
- 1 lb ground turkey or 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb shrimp or 1 lb fish
- 2 tablespoons southwest seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar or 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon steak seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup tortilla chips, slightly crushed
- 8 ounces spring mixed salad greens
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed
- 1 cup Mexican blend cheese
- 1 cup mixed vegetables (combined chopped celery, onion, peppers, cabbage, etc)
- Put the meat, 1 tablespoon of the seasoning, and 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a plastic bag and refrigerate for at least 20 minute.
- The dressing: In a jar, combine the oil, southwest seasoning, salsa, steak seasoning, vinegar, cumin. Shake well.
- In a bowl, combine diced tomatoes, salad veggies and beans. Dress with 1 - 2 tablespoons dressing.
- Brown the meat then turn off heat.
- To assemble: Put lettuce in a large bowl. Add veggies, cheese and meat. Pour dressing over and toss.
- Add the chips when you serve.
- Please note the times do not include 20 minutes for marinading the meat.