1/2 Photos of Taco Salad
Chef at Heart's Note:
I got this recipe from my cousin's wife who brought to our annual get together. She was not specific on the amounts of the ingredients, but as most are vegetables you can go with your own taste. I have estimated how much of each was in the salad as best as I can. Feel free to criticize or make recommendations.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 (35 g) package taco seasoning
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 red pepper, red, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated amount depending on taste (about a cup and a half)
- 2 1/2 cups tortilla chips, lime flavoured, broken
- 3/4 cup Catalina dressing (to taste)
- 1Cook ground beef or turkey with onions, drain and rinse.
- 2Shake in colander to ensure it has no excess liquid.
- 3Add pkg of taco seasoning.
- 4Put in fridge or freezer to cool.
- 5Once meat mixture has cooled prepare additional ingredients.
- 6Dice tomatoes.
- 7Dice or sliver red pepper.
- 8Quarter you choice of mini bell cheese, your choice, e.g. brie.
- 9Chop lettuce.
- 10Mix above ingredients.
- 11Top with lime tortilla chips and cheese
- 12Toss with Catalina or Russian dressing; start with 1/2 cup and mix--you will likely need another 1/4 cup or more.
- 14(This is one of those recipes where you pretty much add the amounts according to you taste, however start with less dressing (as the saying goes - you can always and but you can't take it away.
- 15As a meal serves four. As part of a potluck serves 10 or more.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Taco Salad
Serving Size: 1 (576 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 648.7
- Calories from Fat 433
- Total Fat 48.1 g
- Saturated Fat 14.9 g
- Cholesterol 110.2 mg
- Sodium 757.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 14.5 g
- Protein 34.4 g