Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
I grew up with my mom making this salad in her big gold bowl. Us kids would always tease her because the salad seemed to grow each time she made it. Now I am making this salad for my kids in my big blue bowl. Oh, and mom still has the big gold bowl--it always brings back memories!
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 head lettuce, chopped
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 ounces tortilla chips, crumbled
- 6 ounces avocados, cubed
- 8 ounces lean ground beef
- 15 ounces kidney beans, drained
- 8 ounces reduced-calorie Italian dressing
- In large bowl combine onion, tomato, lettuce, cheese, tortilla chips and avacado.
- Brown ground beef; drain. Add kidney beans and cook till beans are heated through.
- Add meat mixture to bowl; pour dressing over top and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately!
this was a huge success in our family - everyone ate 2 serves including the ones who always say they don't like meat and the ones who say they don't like tomato - the only change i made was i cooked the onion in the pan with the minced beef