Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
I learned this recipe from my grandmother. I make this for cookouts and family reunions, but it is good for all occasions. Everyone loves it. I make a big bowl and it's always gone.
- 3 lbs ground beef
- 1 head lettuce
- tomatoes, cut up
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle French dressing
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle taco sauce
- 2 (1 1/4 ounce) packages taco seasoning
- 1 (16 ounce) bagshredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) bag Doritos
- sour cream, for an individual topping if so desired
- Cook the ground beef and add the taco seasoning for flavor. Do not cook the way the package says. Drain off the fat.
- Dice the lettuce.
- Cut up the tomatoes.
- Crush the bag of Doritos (does not have to be fine just broken up).
- Put the ground beef, lettuce, tomatoes, and cheese into a bowl and mix.
- Add the crushed Doritos and mix.
- Pour in the bottle of French dressing and the bottle of taco sauce. Mix.
- It can be refrigerated before serving or it can be served soon after being made.
- The sour cream can be used for individual toppings.