My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- olive oil or peanut oil
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons homemade chili powder (, or other chili powder)
- 4 ounces no-salt-added corn or 4 ounces corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can no-salt-added stewed tomatoes, well drained
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon leaf oregano, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 ounces extra-sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 ounces no-salt-added corn chips or 4 ounces nacho chips or 4 ounces tortilla chips
- 1Heat oil in skillet.
- 2Add beef and onion, breaking up beef.
- 3Fry until beef is browned, then drain fat.
- 4Stir in oregano, chili powder, and black pepper.
- 5Mix well.
- 6Stir in corn, tomatoes, and sugar.
- 7Mix well.
- 8Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer 15 minutes.
- 9Uncover and cook to the consistency you like.
- 10Add cheese and corn chips, stirring until cheese melts.
- 11Serve over torn lettuce and broken chips.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Taco Salad
Serving Size: 1 (112 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 174.5
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 48.0 mg
- Sodium 140.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 14.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
no-salt-added stewed tomatoes
no-salt-added corn chips