Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Another comfort food from my childhood. This is a different taco salad than any other on this site. It uses an envalope of good season's italian in the dressing mix. Fabulous flavor!
- 1 lb ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup French dressing
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 (2/3 ounce) package Good Seasons Italian dressing
- 1 (16 ounce) bag nacho cheese flavor Doritos
- Toss salad ingredients together.
- Mix dressing ingredients together, toss with salad.
- Crush doritos in bag, add just before serving.
- If not eating all at once, serve doritos on top of individual salad portions.
This is a great taco salad and very versital. The salad ingreditents were altered some for our taste, but the real flavor comes from the dressing, which is just wonderful. Not very Mexican, but has a great flavor. I tried 1/2 the meat cooked plain and the other 1/2 with a taco seasoning mix, and we really liked the meat flavored. The other was just bland. I used some sliced red onion and instead of the kidney beans, used some Refried Beans which added a lot of flavor to the plain meat. However, this rating is based on the dressing and not on the salad. As another reviewer stated, there are all kinds of toco salad combination but the dressing is what makes the salad. Thanks KelBel.
Great salad idea! I did add some spices to the beef, but made it as stated otherwise. The kids weren't too fond of it, but it is a salad, so what should I expect!
I tried this recipe because of the dressing. We like taco salad but all taco salads are basically the same and it is the dressing that makes the difference. This dressing was very good and added a nice flavor to the salad. Will make again. Thanks KelBel. Bullwinkle.