Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is from my sister, she always brings it to family get-togethers. It's easy and a crowd pleaser.
- 1 lb lean hamburger
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1 1⁄4 ounces taco seasoning
- 1 head lettuce, shredded
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 -4 whole tomatoes, diced
- 14 ounces western French dressing
- nacho cheese flavor Doritos
- Brown hamburger and onion, drain.
- Add taco seasoning, use package directions.
- Let cool.
- Just before serving add all ingred. together and mix.
Whole family enjoyed this - next time will add chips to each plate just before serving. They tend to get soggy. Great recipe.
This is a super quick-to-make and very yummy taco salad that we really enjoyed! I used cheddar and hot pepper-jack cheeses and added sliced black olives to it. Western Salad Dressing #117023 tasted great with this salad. Thanks for sharing your recipe ~ It's one I'll definitely be making again soon!
A nice change from plain taco's. We used taco shells in ours.. Very good.