Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
My goodness this was soooo good. I followed the recipe up until the Catalina dressing being added in. I served this on the side, as some wanted to put some sourcream on this salad instead.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (10 ml) package taco seasoning mix (guessed on the amount here)
- 1 head lettuce, shredded
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (475 ml) bottle Catalina dressing
- 4 -5 cups flavored tortilla chips, crushed
- Brown ground beef and drain well.
- Add taco seasoning and cook according to package directions.
- Combine lettuce, tomatoes, and cheese in a large bowl.
- May be prepared in advance up to this point.
- Just before serving, toss the meat into the salad.
- Pour in about 1 cup of the dressing, and toss to mix well.
- Add the crushed tortilla chips and more dressing, if necessary.
- Toss well and serve immediately.
- 6 servings.