Recipe by ellie_
This salad uses Doritos (tortilla chips) instead of a taco shell and the ingredients are things I usually have on hand. Recipe source: local newspaper
Top Review by mama smurf
This was such a wonderful, easy and tasty dish!! I cut the recipe in half added some minced jalapeno and garlic with the meat while browning and then added the taco seasoning. After it had cooked down I then added some pinto beans to the meat mixture. I also used recipe#121276#121276 to the top of the salad along with homemade ranch dressing. DH gobbled his down and we will be making this again during the hot summer days. Thank you for posting. Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup tag game 2013.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 head lettuce, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 (8 ounce) package cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix (we like Lawrey's or McCormick)
- ranch salad dressing (we like garlic ranch) or French dressing (we like garlic ranch)
- 1 (12 ounce) bagtaco flavored tortilla chips (Doritos)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet brown ground beef; stir in taco seasoning as directed on package;drain excess liquid and let cool.
- Mix together remaining ingredients (except for the tortilla chips) in a large bowl, add beef mixture and toss.
- Stir in the tortilla chips and toss (or place chips on top of each individual serving).
- Serve with sour cream, avocado slices, and green chilies and/or your favorite taco garnishes.