This salad uses Doritos (tortilla chips) instead of a taco shell and the ingredients are things I usually have on hand. Recipe source: local newspaper
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 head lettuce, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 (8 ounce) package cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix (we like Lawrey's or McCormick)
- ranch salad dressing (we like garlic ranch) or French dressing (we like garlic ranch)
- 1 (12 ounce) bagtaco flavored tortilla chips (Doritos)
- In a large skillet brown ground beef; stir in taco seasoning as directed on package;drain excess liquid and let cool.
- Mix together remaining ingredients (except for the tortilla chips) in a large bowl, add beef mixture and toss.
- Stir in the tortilla chips and toss (or place chips on top of each individual serving).
- Serve with sour cream, avocado slices, and green chilies and/or your favorite taco garnishes.