Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
From The American Heart Association Meals in Minutes. Traditional Mexican spices are rubbed into flank steak, which is then grilled or broiled. Slice across the grain to serve.
- Preheat grill on high or preheat broiler.
- For rub, in a small bowl, combine chili powder, cumin, oregano, cayenne, salt, and sugar.
- Squeeze lime over steak and rub juice into meat.
- Rub with chili-powder mixture to coat completely.
- Grill steak or broil 5-6 inches from heat until desired doneness (about 5 minutes on each side for medium-rare to 15 minutes per side for well-done).