Recipe by Chef shapeweaver �
This fits the bill if you can't make up your mind between Mexican or Italian.
Top Review by Ms B.
While I probably won't make this for my husband and myself, it was well received with the kids I served it to tonight. I am caring for a friend's family, and they are Hambuger Helper lovers. I had seen this recipe this afternoon, and then created my own version tonight. I had macaroni instead of rotini. I also diced onion and green pepper and sauteed it with the beef. Therefore, the onion flakes were omitted. I only had a small amount of velveeta, and subbed some other 'easy melting' shredded cheese. And, finally, I used half-and-half instead of the milk. We didn't use sour cream. The kids loved it. One told me that I had to give the recipe to her mom.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 8 ounces rotini pasta (or whatever you want to use)
- 4 ounces Velveeta cheese (cut in cubes)
- 3 tablespoons instant onion flakes
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- salt and pepper
- 2⁄3 cup water
- sour cream (optional)
- 1 cup chopped pepperoni
Directions See How It's Made
- In large deep skillet, brown ground beef and onion (until meat is no longer pink).
- Drain and return meat to skillet.
- While beef is browning, cook pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, add taco mix and water to ground beef; cook for 5 minutes or until water is absorbed (medium heat).
- When pasta is done, drain. Pour into meat mixture and add pepperoni.
- Add cheese, milk, salt and pepper.
- Stir until cheese is melted and pasta is covered with meat mixture.
- Dot with sour cream if desired.