1/2 Photos of Taco Roll-Ups - OAMC
This is my own little creation. I had a recipe for Italian roll ups that I got from a once a month cookbook. I just changed it to taco style as my children love anything with a Mexican flavor. These freeze well. I use my own homemade whole wheat bread instead of the frozen bread dough.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brown ground beef and add taco seasoning and water.
- 2Cook for 5-10 minutes; set aside.
- 3Roll thawed dough into a rectangle - about 20 x 8-inches.
- 4Spread ground beef over dough - leaving about 1-inch of dough on one long edge free of filling.
- 5Top beef with grated cheese.
- 6Roll up as for cinnamon rolls starting with the long edge closest to you.
- 7Pinch seam to seal.
- 8Slice the roll into 1-inch thick slices with a serrated knife. Place rolls 2" apart onto a cookie sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- 9If any filling falls out just press it into the top of the rolls.
- 10Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- 11Serve with salsa, sour cream or guacamole for dipping.
- 12To freeze: Allow to cool completely. Flash freeze and then place in a ziploc bag when firm. Label, seal and freeze.
- 13To Serve: Thaw in fridge overnight or thaw/heat in microwave about 45 seconds on high.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Taco Roll-Ups - OAMC
Serving Size: 1 (43 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 94.3
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 27.2 mg
- Sodium 85.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 7.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
frozen bread dough