This is my own little creation. I had a recipe for Italian roll ups that I got from a once a month cookbook. I just changed it to taco style as my children love anything with a Mexican flavor. These freeze well. I use my own homemade whole wheat bread instead of the frozen bread dough.
- Brown ground beef and add taco seasoning and water.
- Cook for 5-10 minutes; set aside.
- Roll thawed dough into a rectangle - about 20 x 8-inches.
- Spread ground beef over dough - leaving about 1-inch of dough on one long edge free of filling.
- Top beef with grated cheese.
- Roll up as for cinnamon rolls starting with the long edge closest to you.
- Pinch seam to seal.
- Slice the roll into 1-inch thick slices with a serrated knife. Place rolls 2" apart onto a cookie sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- If any filling falls out just press it into the top of the rolls.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with salsa, sour cream or guacamole for dipping.
- To freeze: Allow to cool completely. Flash freeze and then place in a ziploc bag when firm. Label, seal and freeze.
- To Serve: Thaw in fridge overnight or thaw/heat in microwave about 45 seconds on high.
i havent made this yet but plan to -- my kids will love these! Just a tip on cutting the rolled dough -- I use Dental floss to cut the soft dough when I make cinnamon rolls. You take a long piece, slide it under the roll to the thickness you want to cut, then cross the ends above the roll and pull quickly but firmly keeping the ends crossed -- and it will slice without all the mess and squishing!
Just a tip, best way to cut the rolled dough is by placing thread or dental floss underneath, bringing them around to the top and crossing them. Quick, easy, and clean.
I thought these were great! I used Taco Seasoning Taco Seasoning instead of the packet. The only thing I would caution - I used the Pillsbury refrigerated dough, since I couldn't find the frozen kind, and I would highly suggest cooling the meat completely before trying to put onto dough and roll. Other than that, I thought this was a great recipe! Thanks!