Recipe by Laudee
This recipe comes from Denver Fire Fighters Favorites cookbook published in 1976. This is a quick and very tasty dish and you can increase ingredients to make a larger batch, if needed. It's always been a big seller in my house.
Top Review by Darlene Summers
Laudee, This was really good!!! I love mexican food better than any other! This was really good with a salad & some refried beans. Thanks for the great recipe. Darlene Summers
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 (15 ounce) cans green enchilada sauce
- 1 package flour tortilla
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- diced onion
- diced tomato
- shredded lettuce
- extra shredded monterey jack cheese
- shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef and drain off grease.
- Add refried beans.
- Remove from heat.
- Soften tortilla in microwave for 20-25 seconds.
- Place 2 Tbspns.
- of ground beef mixture and 1 tspn.
- of onion on tortilla and roll like a burrito.
- Place in shallow roasting pan.
- Repeat filling and rolling instructions until you fill approximately 8 tortillas.
- Mix mushroom soup and green chile enchilada sauce together and pour over rolled tortillas in pan.
- Top with both cheeses.
- Bake in 375 degree oven for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and everything is hot.
- Allow to stand about 5 minutes.
- Serve with toppings, as desired.