Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a family favorite. We love tacos but out of season we are unable to get good veggies to make regular tacos and it looks pretty when complete. I did see a similar recipe online but the ingredients I have are a little different, mostly qty. So I guess it is up to you which you use.
- 5⁄8 lb ground beef
- 1 1⁄4 ounces taco seasoning
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons water
- 16 ounces crescent rolls
- 1 medium green pepper
- 1 cup salsa
- 3 cups lettuce, shredded
- 1 medium tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup black olives (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Brown ground beef and drain off the grease.
- combine ground beef, taco seasoning, cheese and water.
- Unroll crescent rolls, seperate into triangles.
- Arrane triabgles in a circle on 13" baking stone with wide ends overlapping in center and points towards outside (there should be a 5" diameter opening triangle).
- Using medium stainless steel scoop, scoop meat mixture evenly onto widest end of each triangle
- Bring points of triangles up over filling and tuck under wide ends of doughat center of ring (filling will not be completely covered.
- Bake 20-25 minutes.
- Cut up the rest of the veggies and prepare to top your taco ring when done baking.
This is my first time making one of the Pampered Chef rings; however, I have had them at PC parties before. It takes some practice to get it right, but they really make a nice presentation. I did not use the tomato and lettuce; instead, I made a black bean salsa-type salad along with some light sour cream which really went well with the taco ring (Diva Diabetic's Black Bean Salad With Chili Lime Dressing). Made for the Let's P A R T Y tag, December, 2011.