Michelle Kasper's Note:
My husband gave me this recipe one night to make and like most recipes I changed it and did my own thing. I like it a lot better. The flavor component is slightly different from other taco rings but still delicious and very easy to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (8 ounce) packages crescent rolls
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup refried beans, any variety
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1/2 cup salsa, any variety
- lettuce, to serve (optional)
- tomato, to serve (optional)
- sour cream, to serve (optional)
- olive, to serve (optional)
- 1Unroll all crescent dough sections. place in a circle, on a baking sheet or stone, with the short ends facing in and the same direction overlapping by almost half. It will look like a fancy sun.
- 2Spread the refried beans around the circle and a little up each dough section if possible. Just make sure the layer is fairly thin. You may want to season the beans with salt at this point if they are very plain.
- 3Brown the groud beef. Add the taco seasoning and the cream cheese and mix thoroughly until the cheese melts then add the salsa and heat until some of the liquid evaporates. Add the hot sauce.
- 4Spoon the beef mixture over the refried beans. If you dare, add a little more hot sauce at this point!
- 5To close the circle, bring each point of each crescent roll section in to the center and tuck under the ring to secure. I use a metal spatula to make this step easier and to prevent messes.
- 6Bake the taco ring in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes or until the crescent dough is golden brown. Serve with the optional fixings, if you like.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Taco Ring (My Version)
Serving Size: 1 (177 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 467.0
- Calories from Fat 174
- Total Fat 19.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 110.2 mg
- Sodium 865.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 25.8 g