Recipe by kitchen_scientist77
Slightly spicy, slightly sweet taco ring, and tangy but sweet cucumber salad with taco toppings and lemonade is the perfect supper for me! It came from a Pampered Chef book, but I put my own twist on it! And only 5 calories per serving of the cucumber salad!
For Cucumber Salad
- 2 medium cucumbers
- 1⁄3 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 dashes pepper
For Taco Ring
- 1⁄2 lb cooked drained cooled ground beef
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet taco seasoning mix
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 (8 ounce) packages crescent roll dough
- 2 -3 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped black olives
- 1 cup salsa
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- For the Cucumber Salad, slice cucumbers thin, with or without skin. Place in large bowl. Mix other ingredients in separate bowl and drench cucumbers with the mix. Cover and refrigerate 3 HOURS.
- Preheat oven 375°F for Taco Ring. Mix beef, water, all seasonings, and cheese in bowl. Roll crescent dough out and place on pizza pan, kinda like a sun with edges overlapping, in a circle, with points going out. There should be about a 5-inch circle space in the center. Spoon meat mix carefully around the circle space, not touching the pizza pan. Take crescent tips and fold over meat and tuck underneath.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, prepare lettuce, tomato, olives, onion,salsa, and sour cream on plates. Serve taco ring with this preparation of taco toppings.
- Serve cucumber salad on the side.