Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
My neighbor made this for us just before we moved, and it was absolutely scrumptious. I just had to post it.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages crescent roll dough
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (15 ounce) can refried beans
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded, divided
- lettuce, shredded
- tomatoes, chopped
- Brown meat with chili powder and cumin. Drain well.
- Roll out dough and pull apart at perforations. Arrange triangles in a large circle on a pizza or baking sheet.
- Scoop 1/2 hamburger meat on dough, forming a circle about 1 1/2 inches inside dough ring.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup of cheese over meat.
- Fold outside dough over meat to form a "stuffed crust.".
- Fill center with refried beans, remaining meat, and remaining cheese.
- Bake according to directions on dough package.
- When pie is finished, pull out and immediately decorate with lettuce, tomatoes and salsa.
We loved this! I took the tips from Cilantro's review and mixed in the refried beans with the hamburger, but put the entire mixture in the ring rather than 1/2 of it put in the center. It wrapped up beautifully and held together like a charm! Topped with lettuce, salsa, sour cream and cheese, 4 of us were full.
Excellent and easy to make. I opted to use taco seasoning mix #2642 in place of the seasonings listed. I mixed the meat with the beans before placing in the 'pie'. This was a definite hit with everyone. Thanks for such an easy and great tasting recipe.