Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is sooo simple.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 1⁄2 cups brown rice
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 2 green onions, sliced (optional)
- 1 cup salsa, divided (optional)
- 1 green pepper, diced
- water, to cover
- Add ground beef to pot.
- Then add in brown rice, water, taco seasonings and green pepper and stir.
- Cook on low heat until rice is cooked and water is absorbed which is around 40min. You can add some salsa or green onions just before serving.
This was a nice recipe but for us needed a little more flavor. I added some chili powder, salt, pepper, and lemon pepper. Instead of topping the rice with salsa I added it to the pot with some tomato sauce. I think this is a good basic recipe to add favorite ingredients too. Thank you alyseepoo for sharing! Made and reviewed for My 3 Chefs 2008.