Sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese or top with diced tomatoes. Like it cool and creamy? Stir in low fat sour cream to taste. Add chopped cucumbers on top.
- 3 lbs red potatoes, cooked-cooled-cubed
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) cansliced black olives, drained
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, diced
- Mix the Seasonings in a jar and SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE. Pour over potatoes and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate to chill and meld flavors.
- When ready to serve, mix in the corn, olives, cilantro, onion, and anything else your heart desires.
Mmm this is very tasty and very easy to make. I used more olives, cilantro (cilantro rules!), and green onion as I am a BIG fan and used less of the beans than the recipe called for to suite my tastes.
My apologies Jess but I ended up making an abridged version of your lovely salad. I used Yukon Golds as that is what I have. I had intended to skip the corn from tagging as I'm not the worlds biggest corn fan and However I was going to use the olives and green onion. I can't find any olives in the house and the green onions I had I needed to toss (tomorrow is monthly shopping day). So, I ended up with potato's in the taco dressing and I must say that they taste great! :D
Red potatoes are my favorite, so I just had to try this out. It has a really nice flavor, and I really enjoyed the way the sweetness of the corn melded with the dressing flavor. The only thing I omitted was the cilantro, since I don't care for it. I'll be making this again! This was made for Fall 2007 PAC.