Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
Sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese or top with diced tomatoes. Like it cool and creamy? Stir in low fat sour cream to taste. Add chopped cucumbers on top.
- 3 lbs red potatoes, cooked-cooled-cubed
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) cansliced black olives, drained
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, diced
- Mix the Seasonings in a jar and SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE. Pour over potatoes and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate to chill and meld flavors.
- When ready to serve, mix in the corn, olives, cilantro, onion, and anything else your heart desires.
Mmm this is very tasty and very easy to make. I used more olives, cilantro (cilantro rules!), and green onion as I am a BIG fan and used less of the beans than the recipe called for to suite my tastes.
My apologies Jess but I ended up making an abridged version of your lovely salad. I used Yukon Golds as that is what I have. I had intended to skip the corn from tagging as I'm not the worlds biggest corn fan and However I was going to use the olives and green onion. I can't find any olives in the house and the green onions I had I needed to toss (tomorrow is monthly shopping day). So, I ended up with potato's in the taco dressing and I must say that they taste great! :D
Red potatoes are my favorite, so I just had to try this out. It has a really nice flavor, and I really enjoyed the way the sweetness of the corn melded with the dressing flavor. The only thing I omitted was the cilantro, since I don't care for it. I'll be making this again! This was made for Fall 2007 PAC.