Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
We like to liberally douse this delicious dish with our favorite hot sauce...Cholula. It's a recipe that will please both family and friends.
- 8 -12 soft flour tortillas (I use the flavored ones, i.e. spinach, sun-dried tomatoe, etc.)
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 can chopped green chili (optional)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese or 2 cups monterey jack pepper cheese
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 2 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 2 chopped tomatoes
- shredded lettuce
- sliced black olives
- Line a greased 13x9x2 baking dish with the tortillas, tearing to fit if necessary.
- Cook the meat and onion in a skillet.
- Drain off excess fat.
- Add garlic, chilies, and seasonings.
- Spoon the mixture onto the tortillas.
- Sprinkle with the cheese.
- Beat eggs well and then blend in the sour cream.
- Pour this mixture on top of the meat and cheese.
- Bake in a preheated oven set at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes.
- Let sit for 5 minutes before topping with the lettuce, tomatoes and olives.
I was very pleasantly surprised with this quiche. Substituting sour cream for milk gives a quiche a different texture. This quiche is COMFORT food! We loved it. We served it with some avocado slices and it was like having brunch at the Hilton Los Cabos. I know because... I stayed there!
This is an awesome dish! I used ground beef and sun-dried tomato/basil tortillas and it came out wonderful. I halved it as there was just three of us and we just about wiped it out. This is easy, fun and different and it's definitely a keeper. Thanks so much Geema, this is already a family favorite!
Wow! This was really good, and incredibly easy to put together. I made one substitution - used diced avocado in place of the olives since none of us are major fans. I also let each of us add their own toppings since my kid won't eat tomato. Definitely will make this again. Thanks!