Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Yeh....this makes alot, but you can halve it easy enough.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 envelopes taco seasoning
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups biscuit mix
- 1 dash pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 -3 cups chopped lettuce
- 3⁄4 cup chopped tomato
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, brown beef; drain.
- Add taco seasoning and prepare according to the package directions.
- Spoon meat into a greased 13x9x2" baking dish.
- In a bowl, beat eggs and milk.
- Add biscuit mix and pepper; mix well.
- Pour over meat.
- Bake uncovered at 400 degrees or 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Spread sour cream over top; sprinkle with lettuce, tomato, green pepper, onions and cheese.
- Serve immediately.
- TIP: For smaller families, halve the recipe.
Great tasty quick recipe. Just like tacos but you eat it with a knife and fork. I did halve it. I added salsa and left out the green pepper. Might add black olives next time too. I'll definitely make this again in a pinch.
I used shredded chicken in this recipe and substituted 1 cup of jack cheese for some of the cheddar. I also omitted green peppers (I don't like them). Otherwise we loved it.