Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 6 large russet potatoes, baked
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 15 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 green onions, chopped
- sour cream
- Cut each potato lengthwise into quarters.
- With a spoon, scoop out the pulp, leaving a 1/4 inch shell and discard pulp.
- In a small bowl, mix together the butter and taco seasoning.
- Brush butter mixture over both sides of the potato skins.
- Place skin side down on a greased baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with cheese, bacon, and onions.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 5 to 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve with salsa and sour cream.
Oh WOW!! We thought these potato skins were wonderful. Not very healthy but sometimes you've gotta ditch the diet--right. Bacon, cheese and taco seasoning were great combos of flavor. Left the green onion off of the kid's because they haven't acquired a taste for them yet--we are still hopeful. We had these for dinner but I am going to make them again as an appetizer for our next party. Thanks Nurse Di.
Instead of bacon bits (although I imagine imitation ones might be interesting), I made these with Morningstar meatless crumbles (which I use for tacos). They make great taco meat with the taco seasoning. I also left out the onions (personal preference).
Awesome! We really loved these. So different and full of flavor!! Will make again!