Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
From Taste of Home, easy to make
- 3 large baking potatoes
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Scrub and pierce potatoes.
- Bake at 375F for 1 hour or until tender.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise.
- Carefully scoop out pulp, leaving a thin shell (refrigerate pulp for another use) Brush inside and outside of potato shells with butter.
- Place cut side up on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375F for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Add tomatoes and taco seasoning.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Spoon into potato shells; sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, 5- 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Top with sour cream and onions.
I had so much sauce left over. I mixed with cooked rice and had another dish for the next day. It was good. It is a kid pleaser with the cheese on top.