Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A Tex-Mex flare to my pot pie recipe. Cooked in large muffin pan.
Make and share this Taco Pot Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 2 ounces taco seasoning
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄4 cup jalapeno pepper, slices (optional)
- 8 tablespoons fat free sour cream
- 16 ounces bread dough, I use pre-made empanada discs
- 1⁄2 cup mexican cheese, shredded reduced fat
- Brown ground beef and onions in a large skillet.
- Add taco seasoning, and diced tomato and stir to mix.
- Roll dough out thin into 8 inch discs.
- Place the dough disc into a section of of large a coated 6 muffin pan. The dough will overlap, you will need it.
- Fill the dough cup 1/2 full with the taco mixture.
- Add about a tablespoon of sour cream, cheese, and a jalapeno slice or two, depending on desired heat.
- Fill the cup the rest of the way to the top.
- Fold the flaps over the top of the taco mixture, brushing the egg wash onto the dough flaps to "glue" the pie closed. Repeat until out of ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Let sit for 10 minutes.