Pot pie with a Mexican twist. Taken from "The Ground Beef" cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 (8 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup tomato, chopped
- 3/4 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 3/4 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 1/3 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) can refrigerated corn refrigerated breadstick dough
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Brown beef 6 to 8 minutes in medium ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat, stirring to break up meat.
- 3Drain fat.
- 4Add seasoning mix and water to skillet.
- 5Cook over medium-low heat 3 minutes or until most liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally.
- 6Stir in beans, tomato, corn and peas.
- 7Cook 3 minutes or until mixture is hot.
- 8Remove from heat; stir in cheese.
- 9Unwrap breadstick dough; separate into 16 strips.
- 10Twist strips, cutting to fit skillet.
- 11Arrange attractively over meat mixture.
- 12Press ends of dough lightly to edge of skillet to secure.
- 13Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown and meat mixture is bubbly.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Taco Pot Pie
Serving Size: 1 (221 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 498.0
- Calories from Fat 272
- Total Fat 30.2 g
- Saturated Fat 14.7 g
- Cholesterol 116.6 mg
- Sodium 510.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 36.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
refrigerated breadstick dough