Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Pot pie with a Mexican twist. Taken from "The Ground Beef" cookbook.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 (8 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 3⁄4 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 1⁄3 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) canrefrigerated corn refrigerated breadstick dough
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Brown beef 6 to 8 minutes in medium ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat, stirring to break up meat.
- Drain fat.
- Add seasoning mix and water to skillet.
- Cook over medium-low heat 3 minutes or until most liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in beans, tomato, corn and peas.
- Cook 3 minutes or until mixture is hot.
- Remove from heat; stir in cheese.
- Unwrap breadstick dough; separate into 16 strips.
- Twist strips, cutting to fit skillet.
- Arrange attractively over meat mixture.
- Press ends of dough lightly to edge of skillet to secure.
- Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown and meat mixture is bubbly.