Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
For a Mexican-style dinner, serve these as a starter with creamy avocado or sour cream dip, followed by your favourite hot and spicy Mexican dish. Or serve them with a Mexican vegetable side dish such as Mexican Potato Crisps With Lime Salsa Mexican Potato Crisps With Lime Salsa, Fried Mexican Capsicum & Potatoes Fried Mexican Capsicum & Potatoes or Mexican Bean Hotpot Mexican Bean Hotpot. I've posted this recipe for the 2005 Zaar World Tour from a recipe on an International Masters 'recipes for pan or wok' recipe card.
- 3 chicken breast fillets
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 red onion
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 green capsicum
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 8 ready-made flour tortillas
- 50 g cheddar cheese or 50 g monterey jack cheese
- 1 sprig flat leaf parsley, to garnish
- lemon wedge, to garnish
- Cut the chicken into thin strips, peel and crush the garlic, peel and slice the onion, de-seed and roughly chop the tomatoes and deseed and slice the capsicum into strips.
- Heat the oil in a large pan or wok, preferably non-stick and fry the chicken over a high heat, stirring for 2-3 minutes until it is starting to brown; add the garlic and onion and fry for another 2 minutes; stir in the chilli powder, tomatoes and capsicum and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Preheat the grill to medium, grill the tortillas for 6 seconds on each side, or until warm; transfer them to a work surface and spoon equal amounts of the chicken filling onto the centre of each tortilla and roll up tightly.
- Transfer the filled tortillas to an ovenproof dish and sprinkle with cheesse; cook under a hot grill for 2 minutes, or until golden. Garnish with parsley and lemon and serve.
A very tasty dinner for the family! I substituted a green capsicum for a yellow one though because Im not keen on the green but kept it the same for the rest. it was a lovely meal for nice summery day. Made for the chow hounds on ZWT5.
This was very tasty and made a nice dinner. I made exactly as stated. Thanks for sharing!
This was a pretty good supper. It was kinda bland for us though. I even added cajun seasoning like another reviewer mentioned. It was very easy to make, but just was lacking something. Made for Went to Market Tag.